WHAT I PACKED FOR ONE WEEK IN MONTANA/YELLOWSTONE
Packing for Yellowstone can be tricky since the weather fluctuates drastically throughout the day.
We vacationed in the first week of July when mornings are in the low 40s and the daily high is around 70-75.
My shorts didn’t actually get worn. Mostly windy, I wore my jeans or leggings with a tank and then I could layer with my pullover and rain jacket as needed.
One of the nice things about the culture in the West is no fancy attire required -with outdoor wear you fit right in. Remember, from this post HERE, I only travel with my rolling carry-on so I got strategic with the items I packed to maximize space 🙂
- 2 Jeans
- 4 Leggings
- 2 Shorts
- 1 Tee-shirt
- 4 Tanks (think gym/exercise type)
- 1 Dressier Top
- 1 Half Zip Fleece North Face Pullover
- 1 Swimsuit
- 1 Pajama Set
- 7 Undies/Socks
- 1 Merrell Hiking Shoe (similar to mine) & 1 Flip Flop
- 2 Baseball Hats
- 1 Lightweight Rain Jacket (here is the exact one I wore, love that it’s 4oz, easy to toss in a backpack)
- 1 Crossbody Bag (here is the link to mine)
More of my travel essentials here.
And, if you are curious How I get all the kids packed, all the deets here.